Even as a young child, I had the urge to travel and write. My journeys all started with my first tricycle. Back then, my first trips were around the neighborhood. Later it would be to Mexico, Europe, and Easter Island and other lands with long histories. I was a college history major and loved the study of ancient archeology and cultures.
Some of those adventures took me to beautiful lush landscapes, horseback riding on a Caribbean island, white water rafting in Wyoming or climbing Mayan ruins in Mexico. All serve as inspiration for my stories – many of which are still in process. I love learning about other people and cultures – that’s at least part of why I write.
Like many other writers, reading has always been a favorite pastime. I love being transported to other worlds and cultures, even if it’s while I am sitting in a comfortable chair. Experiencing the emotions and travails of the characters has provided me hours of enjoyment over the years and I hope that my stories will do the same for you.
Fun facts about me
- When I have any kind of writer’s block, I either got to an art museum for inspiration or work on a quilt.
- I have lived in eight different states but am not from an army family. I guess I have a little bit of gypsy in me.
- I have always loved the water and scuba dive – the beauty and the silence underwater. It’s a totally different world with its own rules and structure.
- I have a law degree and still practice. I find that some of the skills of solving the challenges of the transactions I work on translate into skills that help me plot my stories.
- I read all the Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden and Agatha Christie novels when I was growing up. Mysteries have always been favorite books.
- I’m a member of Sisters-In-Crime and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. Each has provided me with lots of classes, support and access to other professionals in the writing world.